2018 NFL Mock Draft
2018 NFL MOCK DRAFT
The NFL combine is upon us, which means it’s time to start getting your mock’s ready. Here is The Sports Kave’s first edition of 2018.
- Cleveland Browns – Saquon Barkley, RB, and Penn State (Assuming they don’t trade) I expect them to land a veteran QB in free agency after years of starting rookies.
- NY Giants – ( From Cincinnati) Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. The Giants get Eli’s replacement..
- Indianapolis Colts – Bradley Chubb, DE, NCST. One of the league’s worst defenses the past few years gets an infusion of explosion.
- Cleveland Browns (from Texans) – Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama. The Browns continue to add offensive help, and Ridley is the complete package at WR.
- Denver Broncos – Minkah Fitzpatrick, S-CB Alabama. I think Elway will get his QB in free agency after striking out the last few years on young guys. Fitzpatrick can replace Talib, who is reportedly on the block.
- New York Jets- Sam Darnold, QB USC. Even though he is an underclassman, he looks NFL ready. The Jets have a great defense and need help on the offensive side. Jets fans are hoping this USC QB turns out better than the last one they chose.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Quenton Nelson, OL, Notre Dame. The Bucs need to protect Jameis Winston, and the Golden Domers seem to put out quality offensive lineman yearly.
- Chicago Bears- Auden Tate, WR, Florida State. The Bears need playmakers on offense. At 6-5, 225 and a 4.56 40 time, he provides Mitchell Trubisky a scoring threat.
- San Francisco 49ers- Mike Hughes, CB UCF. He has all the tools, but will take time to develop.
- Oakland Raiders- Tremaine Edmunds, OLB Virginia Tech. Gruden will pair him with Kalil Mack to form quite the duo.
- Miami Dolphins- Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming. Adam Gase needs to find his type of QB, and with Tannehill coming off injury, Allen has the tools Gase loves.
- Buffalo Bills- Orlando Brown, OT Oklahoma. They get a cornerstone OT to help protect Josh Rosen.
- Washington Redskins- Josh Jackson, CB Iowa. They have an aging secondary, and holes all over the defense.
- Green Bay Packers- DJ Chark, WR LSU. They need defensive help, but will reach a bit for the speedy Chalk, who can fly, and put up impressive numbers at LSU, with bad QB play.
- Arizona Cardinals- Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville. New head Coach Steve Wilks was with Cam Newton in Carolina and the Cardinals need a mobile QB behind this leaky O-Line.
- Baltimore Ravens- Kevin Tolliver, CB LSU. The athletic Tolliver will infuse youth into an aging defense.
- Los Angeles Chargers- Derwin James, S Florida St. He will bolster an already strong Charger D.
- Seattle Seahawks- Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama. For the second year in a row they go Alabama in round 1. This kid takes up space.
- Dallas Cowboys- Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU. The possible subtraction of Dez Bryant makes the pokes draft a player similar in size to Bryant, with less baggage.
- Detroit Lions- Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan. They stay close to home and draft an NFL ready multiple technique DT.
- Cincinnati Bengals ( From Buffalo)- Connor Williams, OT, Texas. The Bengals add a huge stabilizer up front, to go with newly acquired Cody Glenn from Buffalo.
- Buffalo Bills (From KC) Vita Vea, DT Washington. Head Coach Sean McDermott loves gap fillers, and this player commands double teams.
- Los Angeles Rams- Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia. He only fell this far, because of other team’s needs. Wade Phillips is smiling!
- Carolina Panthers- James Washington, WR, OKST. Cam Newton needs WR targets in the worst way, how about the Biletnikoff award winner.
- Tennessee Titans- Christian Kirk, Wr, Texas A&M. He gives Mariotta a huge downfield weapon, and can help in the return game.
- Atlanta Falcons- Arden Key, OLB LSU. At 6-6, 238, he is a beast, and the Falcons love LSU players. Deon Jones and Jalen Collins both start for Atlanta and were drafted from LSU.
- New Orleans Saints- Dallas Goedert- TE South Dakota St. At 6-4 260, he gives the Saints a weapon they haven’t had since Jimmy Graham. The Saints were at the bottom of the NFL in third down conversions, Goedert will fix that problem.
- Pittsburgh Steelers- Rashann Evans, LB Alabama. They must replace Ryan Shazier, and Evans is ready to fill the void.
- Jacksonville Jaguars- Will Hernandez OL, UTEP. The Jaguars are built to pound the ball and they get their guy at 29.
- Minnesota Vikings- Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma. He fell, but the Vikings might need a QB. This team is set at most positions, Mayfield can come in and learn on the job.
- New England Patriots- Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina. They might need to replace Gronk; this guy will fit in just fine with Tom Brady.
- Philadelphia Eagles- Taven Bryan DT, Florida State. The Eagles love big versatile defense lineman, and the champ’s depth will increase with this pick.
Tags NFL Mock Draft